Last week (Oct 1st) we rolled out our new data source integration with NetSuite.
Many companies use several ways to integrate their valuable data from NetSuite with their data warehouses to enhance their Business Intelligence insights. But quite often, the means to make such integration are complicated or require technical expertise, or external help and get very nervous no how to proceed.
Before I get into more detail, let me share why you will find Blendo’s NetSuite connector useful for your company.
NetSuite is a unified business management suite encompassing ERP, financials and accounting, CRM, and eCommerce. NetSuite portraits itself as the world’s #1 cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution.
Hense companies that use NetSuite store valuable data that want to analyze.
Integrating data from NetSuite into any data warehouse is not a small feat.
The technical part (with not much jargon) is that getting data from NetSuite into any data warehouse is not a small feat.
There are many ways that someone can integrate with NetSuite.
- NetSuite SOAP API: Integrating with the Netsuite SOAP API can be daunting at the least. You will need to have a way to “ask” for data and then transform this data into meaningful tables and resources into your data warehouse. This API provides an abundant number of data.
- The JDBC API: The JDBC API offers some more data for you, but not all Oracle customers have access and permissions to it.
- SuiteScript: You can get more data, but you need to have the resources to commit and write code for you and of course, maintain it.
- NetSuite Saved Searches: NetSuite users love Saved Searches, and they need their results in their data warehouse instead of exporting CSV files.
- Many of the cases above have limitations to how many requests you can do at the same time.
Which are my benefits with Blendo’s NetSuite connector?
With NetSuite as a data source you get:
More complete data – The NetSuite data source can pull data from 300+ resources (more than other NetSuite integrations in the market), including customer resources and Saved Searches. Blendo uses a combination of NetSuite’s SOAP API and SuiteScript. No more silos for your data; connect NetSuite, and we‘ll handle the rest.
NetSuite Saved Searches – Get the data from your Saved Searches. It’s a powerful feature from NetSuite, use it to your advantage for your analytics.
Faster implementation, less maintenance – You don’t need to create any ETL/ELT scripts or engage engineering resources to pull your data from NetSuite into your data warehouse.
Only the data you need – Do you need NetSuite’s raw data or only the Saved Searches in your data warehouse? Do you need the rest of the data (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Support cloud application data) along? You will have all the information you care about in one place.
Data when you need it – No more CSV extractions and scripts. With Blendo, you now have access to your production data into your data warehouse the moment you need it.
And now, let’s take a closer look at the functionality we have added.
NetSuite Integration with your data warehouse.
Connecting NetSuite as a Source with Blendo makes it easier than ever to pull your ERP, financial, or customer data and combine with other business data for smarter insights. You can connect your source and destination and move data instantly without writing any code
|Sync your ERP / financial data along with the rest of your business data to any data warehouse. Analytics-ready data with no hassle.||Integrate Now|
NetSuite Integrate with straightforward configuration.
Choose your Historical data pull.
Pull your Saved Searches into your data warehouse.
Select the NetSuite resources you need.
Pull Custom resources.
How to use the NetSuite Connector to sync your data with Blendo
Firstly, you need to have access to NetSuite and make sure you have a Blendo account. If you do not have access, it’s helpful to ask assistance from an engineer from your side or check with our customer support.
Due to how permissions and the API of NetSuite work, you may need to provide different privileges for different resources. That could cause some friction to your setup, as you may need help from someone with more privileges from you.
- Connect your data warehouse. We support all the popular ones like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Snowflake. Don’t have one? Contact our team to help.
- Connect NetSuite as a data source (NetSuite integration documentation)
- Connect any other business cloud data sources.
- Analyze with your favorite Business Intelligence tool. Blendo is BI agnostic, so any of the BIs will be able to make use of the analytics-ready data Blendo prepares for you.
New to Blendo? It’s a tool that helps anyone connect their business apps with their data warehouse and BI automatically — without code. Blendo will prepare and keep in sync analytics-ready data from your data sources so you can focus on getting smarter insights. Sign up for a free trial to use NetSuite as a source with Blendo.
If there’s anything else that you still don’t quite understand about our NetSuite integration, please ask your question in the comments or shoot an email to our support team and we would be glad to help you out.