How to Setup Bing Ads Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with Bing Ads and start collecting your data. Our Blendo – Bing Ads connector queries the performance reports for your accounts and syncs your ads data to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting Bing Ads
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Bing Ads expected Data Model and schema
About Bing Ads
Bing Ads provide PPC ads for Bing and Yahoo. For more information about it, please visit Bing Ads Website.
Getting Started – Setup Bing Ads integration at Blendo
In order to connect Bing Ads with Blendo, you should verify that you have a valid and active Bing Ads accounts and the correct user credentials. Please always check that your Bing Ads administrator our customer’s super admin have assigned the correct user role for the account you will try to connect. See the relevant Bing Ads documentation here.
1. To add this integration, go to Blendo dashboard. Click Add a Source and click on Bing Ads.
2. Click on the Bing Ads icon.
3. Next, you will be prompted to Setup your Bing Ads source. You will start with the Authentication with Bing Ads.
4. Click Connect with Bing Ads and choose a Microsoft Bing Ads account to log into and to approve Blendo’s access to your Bing Ads data. Blendo will only ever read your data.
5. In the next screen, click on the Account you want and then click Next.
6. Next is the Configuration page, where you will select the Customer Account. Click the drop-down.
7. In the next drop-down start typing to select one of the available reports.
8, Next you need to choose your columns. As in Bing Ads UI, here you need to choose your columns to add and remove what you want to show in the report.
Select Columns to Sync
9. Now we need to select the Columns for the report we want to replicate to your destination database. In the Report Columns drop down, you can see the list of columns available for selection. You may use the autocomplete search or use the drop-down to explore it.
Before you start some things to note:
- Valid Combinations: Not all columns can be queried together. The same stands when creating the report inside the Bing Ads UI. For information about restrictions on column combinations in the same report, please see Bing Ads documentation here.
- The first time we sync a user’s data, we get reports since the earliest possible date, which can be anywhere from 6 months to 3 years depending on the report, according to the Bing Ads documentation here.
- The aggregation level (report granularity) for the report is set to daily.
- Each Bing Ads pipeline for a report you build corresponds to one table in your db.
- The columns combination can’t change after the pipeline integration is saved.
10. So now we selected the columns we need, Click Next.
11. Add a Table Prefix if you want. It is important if you want to separate the reports between them and between multiple accounts.
12. Choose your Database Schema (if applicable)
13. Review again your selections. Once saved, you cannot add or remove dimensions or metrics. Click Next.
14. For this data source, your only resource is the configured report.
15. If OK please click Create.
Initial sync and Historical data
For a new integration, Blendo will schedule an initial sync job. That will include the historical data and may take some time to complete. As discussed above, the first time we sync a user’s data, we get reports since the earliest possible date, which can be anywhere from 6 months to 3 years depending on the report, according to the Bing Ads documentation here.
Set the Replication Frequency
This configuration controls how often Blendo will pull data from your Bing Ads integration. Loading to your data warehouse could take a little bit longer.
16. If you want to change the replication schedule go to the Schedule section and click on Reschedule.
17. In the next pop-up select one of the options available and click Apply.
To help prevent overages, consider setting the integration to replicate less frequently. Have in mind that the aggregation level (report granularity) for the report is set to daily. Ask us for help or recommendations.
Bing Ads Data Model & Schema Information
When Blendo first connects to Bing Ads Data source, will schedule an initial sync job. That will include the historical data and may take some time to complete.
Blendo syncs Bing Ads data based on the schedule and frequency you choose. The default setting is every 1 hour but is configurable from inside the app.
The first time Blendo syncs your Bing Ads data performs a full replication. Then your Bing Ads data is replicated incrementally. Note that Blendo will only read your data.
After you finish the integration with Bing Ads, you might see its status as Importing from source, Exporting to the destination, or Completed.
What Bing Ads data do I have available?
Blendo creates a table for each Bing Ads pipeline you create. That table is one Report. Here are the reports available
The schema of the table will have the Columns you selected.
Let’s see an example. If you select the CampaignPerformanceReport and accountname, campaignname, clicks, impressions, ctr as columns, Blendo will create a table like:
As Bing Ads does not provide a primary key that can be used for deduplication, the primary key is blendo_id.
Bing Ads data fetched on a daily basis. Every sync will pull the report for the current day.
Table Schema View
You can see the Schema of the table we created from inside Blendo, please do the following
> Click your data source
> Click View Details
> Here are the table names we create
> Here are the rows we synced in the last pass.
> Here when it was the last time synced
> And click the eye icon to see the Schema and the Latest Data for a quick view if everything go well.
> For the Schema, click Table Schema.
Latest Data View
> Follow the same procedure as above but click in the Last Data tab.
Google Search Console Integration Troubleshooting FAQ
I get Import error message "Sorry, Please enable order management site setting to use this API"
For more details please check the documentation from XXX.