How to setup Chargebee Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with Chargebee and start collecting your data. It is a matter of minutes to send your billing data to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting Chargebee
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Load your Chargebee data into your data warehouse
- Chargebee expected Data Model and schema
- Chargebee Integration FAQ
Getting Started – Setup Chargebee integration at Blendo
1. To add this integration, go to Blendo dashboard. Click Add a Source.
2. Click on Chargebee icon.
Settings you need from Chargebee
3. In the new Setup your Chargebee source screen there are some data required that you will need to get from Chargebee. More specifically you will need the: Chargebee API Key and your Site name of your Chargebee URL.
3.1. Login to your Chargebee dashboard from a new tab.
3.2 On the URL of the browser window you may find the Site name. It should be in the form: mysite.chargebee.com. For Blendo we will need the mysite part of the URL.
3.3 Next we need the API Key. Click on Settings at the top bar and scroll down.
3.4. On the API keys and webhooks section, click on API Keys.
3.5. Click on Add API Key.
3.6. Give a Name and then choose the permission level. Read Only Access is adequate for Blendo. Click on Add API key.
3.7. Find the API key you created and copy it.
Add these Chargebee settings to Blendo
4. Let’s go back to our web browser tab with Blendo. Now that you have your:
- Site (step #3.2, above)
- API Key (step #3.4, above)
you may now fill the relevant boxes into Blendo. Add a Table Prefix if you want and click Validate & Save.
5. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new Chargebee data source.
Set the Replication Frequency
This configuration controls how often Blendo will pull data from your Chargebee integration. Loading to your data warehouse could take a little bit longer.
7. If you want to change the replication schedule go to the Schedule section and click on Reschedule.
8. In the next pop-up select one of the options available and click Apply.
Load your Chargebee data into your data warehouse
Here is how to start loading your Chargebee data into your data warehouse:
Chargebee Data Model & Schema Information
Chargebee Integration Troubleshooting FAQ
I get Import error message "Sorry, Please enable order management site setting to use this API"
If during the Chargebee sync you see a message that your Import Failed with “Sorry, Please enable order management site setting to use this API“, that means that we are not able to sync your Orders resource.
This is because you will need to enable the Enable Order Management in Chargebee’s UI first so Blendo can have access to your Orders resource from the API.
For more details please check the documentation from Chargebee.