How to connect an existing Panoply Data Warehouse to Blendo
- Connect to Panoply and get your connection info
- Connect your Panoply data warehouse as Destination to Blendo
- Manage your Panoply account
Connect to Panoply and get your connection info
1. Go to Panoply and sign in to your account.
2. Click the upper-left drop-down menu and click on Connect.
3. In the new modal, you will find all the connection information you need such as Host, Database Name, Port, User & Password. We will need this information to connect Panoply data warehouse as a destination.
Connect your Panoply data warehouse as a Destination to Blendo
1. Go to Blendo dashboard.
2. If it is the first time you log in to Blendo you will see the screen below. Click on the box with Amazon Redshift. (Panoply creates a Redshift instance so you may use our Redshift connector).
If it is not the first time, you will see the screen below. Click the drop-down arrow and then click on Add database and in the next screen, click on the box with Amazon Redshift.
3. Add your connection info and credentials as follows:
- Host: Type the HOST of your Panoply data warehouse.
- Port: Type the PORT of your Panoply data warehouse. The default port is 5439.
- Database: Type the DATABASE name of your Panoply data warehouse.
- Username: Type the database USER you connect to your Panoply data warehouse.
- Password: Type the PASSWORD of the database user.
4. Click Validate & Save.
You can also select the Schema where the data will be stored to. This is something that is done during the setup of your data warehouse but instead during the creation of a pipeline. There you can select at which Schema the data from source will be stored at (with public schema as default).