Step 3: How to connect Snowflake with Blendo
This guide considers that you already have a Snowflake instance setup. If not you can read how to setup a Snowflake data warehouse.
1. Go to your Blendo dashboard.
2. If it is the first time you log in to Blendo, you will see the screen below. Click on the box with Snowflake.
If you have one data warehouse want to add another then click on the top drop down menu and then Add database.
3. Fill in the field boxes as follows:
- Host: Your Snowflake URL. That will be something with a pattern like this
- Database: Enter the name of the Snowflake database.
- Warehouse: Enter the name of the Snowflake warehouse.
- Username: Enter the Snowflake user’s username.
- Password: Enter the password associated with the Snowflake user.
4. When finished, click Validate & Save.
You can also select the Schema where the data will be stored to. This is something that is done during the setup of your data warehouse but instead during the creation of a pipeline. There you can select at which Schema the data from source will be stored at (with public schema as default).