How to setup JIRA Integration
What can I see with Webhooks on JIRA?
You can use a webhook as a trigger of events. When you want a trigger or update sent from JIRA after an issue event occurs, use a webhook. For example:
- You can trigger a webhook when JIRA issues are created, modified, deleted, or when worklogs are changed.
- You can create a webhook that fires only for a specific JIRA workflow transition. Using this approach you can start doing “Story Driven Development.”
You can see a list of events you can enable in the picture bellow.
Getting Started – Setup JIRA integration at Blendo.
1. Login to your JIRA dashboard from a browser tab
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right side of your dashboard and click on System.
3. Scroll way down and click on WebHooks.
4. Click on Create a WebHook.
5. You now have two options to send your event data to Blendo: Either send all your event data in one webhook or to separate webhooks. What you will choose it depends on what you want to track.
Setup JIRA and Blendo integration
In Blendo, for every separate webhook that you create, another different table will be created in your output database. For example:
a) You may create a webhook in Blendo that you will send all the Issue events (create, update, delete, worklog changed).
b) Create another webhook in Blendo that you will send all the Sprint events.
6. Open Blendo in a new browser tab.
7. Add a webhook (in our example we will use this to receive only the Issue events)
8. In the new page, you will setup the Webhook. Add a table prefix if you like. It will help better separate your tables. Click Save.
9. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new Webhook data source.
10. Let’s change the name to reflect its use. Hover over the name Webhook and click on it and rename it if you like.
10. In the same page you may see the Webhook address we are going to use to send our JIRA data.
11. Copy the URL.
12. Go to your JIRA browser tab.
13. In URL box, paste the URL we copied from step #11 above. For the Events, check: Issue.created, Issue.deleted, Issue.updated. Click Save.