How to Setup MailChimp Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with MailChimp and start collecting your data. It is a matter of minutes to send your email marketing data to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting MailChimp
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Load your MailChimp data into your data warehouse
- MailChimp expected Data Model and schema
- MailChimp Integration FAQ
Getting Started – Setup Mailchimp integration at Blendo
1. To add this integration, go to Blendo dashboard. Click “Add Pipeline”
2. You will be prompted to log in to your MailChimp account.
3. If you agree, click Log In.
4. In the next page, you will need to choose how back you want to get your MailChimp data and set up the importing of campaign data.
5. Add a Table Prefix if you want and click Validate & Save.
6. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new MailChimp data source.
Set the Replication Frequency
This configuration controls how often Blendo will pull data from your MailChimp integration. Loading to your data warehouse could take a little bit longer.
7. If you want to change the replication schedule go to the Schedule section and click on Reschedule.
8. In the next pop-up select one of the options available and click Apply.
Load your MailChimp data into your data warehouse
Here is how to start loading your MailChimp data into your data warehouse:
MailChimp Data Model & Schema Information
MailChimp Integration FAQ
How can I add multiple MailChimp Accounts?
This guide considers you have connected at least one MailChimp data source pipeline setup with Blendo. If you have multiple MailChimp Accounts and you want to connect a second MailChimp pipeline with a different login or table prefix you may do the following:
1. Click Add Source.
2. Click on MailChimp data source connector
3. In the next screen click on Disconnect. This will not disconnect you from the previously created MailChimp data source pipeline.
4. Continue with the normal authentication for MailChimp with the new account credentials.
5. You can continue with the setup as a new data source and use a new Table prefix or select another Schema.
You can do this as many times you need to add all your other MailChimp accounts.
Note: It would be good practice to rename your Data Source Pipelines for better handling in the case of multiple connectors of the same type.
MailChimp Integration Troubleshooting FAQ
How can I re-authenticate MailChimp?
To re-authenticate with Mailchimp please do the following:
- Click your data source
- Click on Setup.
- Click Disconnect.
- Click Connect with MailChimp.
- Follow the steps as instructed in the Getting Started – Setup Mailchimp integration at Blendo section above (step #2)