How to setup Mandrill Integration
What can I see with Webhooks on Mandrill?
Webhooks can be triggered when an email is sent, opened, clicked, etc. Message event webhooks have several types of events. For example:
- You can trigger a webhook when a message has been sent successfully.
- You can create a webhook when a recipient opened a message. or
- The message has hard bounced.
You can see a list of events you can enable in the picture bellow.
You may also read the guide from Mandrill here.
Getting Started – Setup Mandrill integration.
Settings you need from Mandrill
1. Login to your Mandrill account from a browser tab
2. Go to Settings and click on Webhooks from the top menu
3. Click + Add a Webhook at the top of the page.
4. Choose which events you want to listen (for example, when an email is sent, bounces, is opened, is marked as spam, is clicked, etc.).
5. At the Post To URL we need to add the address that Blendo will provide. Lets leave this browser window open and we will come back after a minutes.
Setup Mandrill and Blendo integration
You may create separate webhooks for each of the event type or one for all the events that come from Mandrill. We will use the
6. To add this integration, go to Blendo Home page. Click Add a Source.
7. Click on your newly created Mandrill data source. There you will find the Webhook URL we are going to use to send our Mandrill event data.
9. Copy the URL.
10. Go back to your Mandrill Webhook Settings page and paste that address in the Post To URL box.
11. Give your webhook an optional description under Description if you like.
12. Click Create Webhook.