How to Setup Mixpanel Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with Mixpanel and start collecting your data. It is a matter of minutes to send your data to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting Mixpanel
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Load your Mixpanel data into your data warehouse
- Mixpanel expected Data Model and schema
To add this integration, go to Blendo Home page. Click Add a Source.
Settings you need from Mixpanel
We will need the: API Key and API Secret from our Mixpanel project along with the Project’s Timezone in our Mixpanel setup.
Let’s find our Project’s Timezone in Mixpanel first.
1. Login to your Mixpanel account from a new tab
2. Select your project from the drop-down list on your left.
3. Click on the drop down next to your name on top right.
4. Here is the Timezone of you project. Keep it in mind to use it inside Blendo’s Mixpanel integration.
Let’s find our API Key and API Secret now.
5. Click the drop down next to your name on top right navigation bar and then click on Account.
6. Click Projects
7. Copy the API Key and API Secret for the Project you need.
8. Paste both into the boxes provided in Blendo. Change your Project Timezone according to step #4.
9. Choose how further back you want Blendo to go at its first connection. This will get you your historical Mixpanel data.
10. Add a table prefix if you like. Click Validate & Save.
Export data from Mixpanel
11. Now that you have your Mixpanel data source in Blendo its time to export your data and import them to Blendo. You may trigger it by yourself or Blendo will do it automatically.
12. Click on your newly created Mixpanel data source.