Step 2: Configuring networking and Amazon Redshift permissions
Permissioning Blendo: In order to ensure Blendo will have access to your Amazon Redshift please make sure to white list and allow connection from these IP addresses: 220.127.116.11/32, and 18.104.22.168/32
For more instructions please continue bellow.
Let’s see how to setup Amazon Redshift permissions to allow Blendo to write into your instance. You will need to configure your Redshift cluster to allow Blendo to write into it. There are two types of Redshift clusters subnets:
- EC2 Classic subnet
- VPC subnet
You can find more information from Amazon on Managing Clusters in an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Which you support depends if it is supported by the region you are. In order to see this you will have to check your cluster’s configuration tab. You will either see a field called Cluster Security Groups or VPC Security Groups.
Amazon Redshift permissions: EC2-Classic
2. Click on the name next to Cluster Security Groups.
3. This will get you to a new page called Security. click on the name of your Security group. At next page click on Add Connection Type.
4. In the pop-up choose:
- Connection Type: CIDR/IP
- CIDR/IP to Authorize: 22.214.171.124/32
5. Click Authorize.
6. Let’s add the rest of the IP addresses. Repeat steps 3-5 for each of the following CIDR/IP:
Amazon Redshift permissions: EC2-VPC
2. Click on the name next to VPC Security Groups.
3. Click the Inbound tab and then click on Edit.
4. We will have to add two (2) rules.
5. In the Type drop-down select Redshift. Then leave the defaults. At Source, in the drop-down select Custom IP. Type 52.18.126/160
6. Let’s create rules for the rest of the IPs. Repeat step 5 for each of the following:
7. Click Save.