How to setup Pivotal Tracker Integration
What can I see with Webhooks on Pivotal Tracker?
You can use a webhook as a trigger of events. In Pivotal Tracker, webhooks are called Activity Webhooks. These Activity Webhooks allow you to receive activity events from your Pivotal Tracker project. It’s possible to add multiple webhooks per project on the Webhooks Pivotal Tracker page in project settings.
When you want a trigger or update sent from Pivotal Tracker after a story activity occurs, use a webhook. For example:
- You can trigger a webhook when someone create a story.
- You can create a webhook when a comment it added or a story state changes.
You can see a list of events you can receive notifications about stories, comments, projects, tasks or epics.
Getting Started – Setup Pivotal Tracker integration at Blendo.
1. Login to your Pivotal Tracker dashboard from a browser tab
2. Go to your project. Click on Settings in the top navigation menu.
3. Click on Webhooks.
4. In the new window, you will see a URL box (where you will add the Blendo webhook URL).
Setup Pivotal Tracker and Blendo integration
5. Open Blendo in a new browser tab.
6. Add a webhook
7. In the new page, you will setup the Webhook. Add a table prefix if you like. It will help better separate your tables. Click Save.
8. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new Webhook data source.
9. Let’s change the name to reflect its use. Hover over the name Webhook and click on it and rename it if you like.
10. In the same page you may see the Webhook address we are going to use to send our Pivotal Tracker data.
11. Copy the URL.
12. Go to your browser tab with Pivotal Tracker.
13. In URL box, paste the URL we copied from step #11 above. Click Add.