How to Setup Salesforce Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with Salesforce and start collecting your data. It is a matter of minutes to send your Salesforce data to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting Salesforce
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Load your Salesforce data into your data warehouse
- Salesforce expected Data Model and schema
Getting Started – Setup Salesforce integration at Blendo
1. To add this integration, go to Blendo dashboard. Click Add a Source and click on Salesforce.
2. Click on Salesforce icon.
3. In the new Setup your Salesforce source screen click on Connect with Salesforce.
4. You will be prompted to connect to Salesforce with your Salesforce credentials.
Note: Blendo will only have access to the objects that the user you connect with has. Prior to your authorization please check that your user has access to the objects you want to sync with your db.
5. You may be requested for a Verification step by Salesforce. Complete the steps as explained by Salesforce and click on Verify.
6. At the next page see if everything is OK. Add a Table Prefix if you want and click Validate & Save.
7. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new Salesforce data source.
Set the Replication Frequency
This configuration controls how often Blendo will pull data from your Salesforce integration. Loading to your data warehouse could take a little bit longer.
8. If you want to change the replication schedule go to the Schedule section and click on Reschedule.
9. In the next pop-up select one of the options available and click Apply.
To help prevent overages, consider setting the integration to replicate less frequently. Ask us for help or recommendations.
Load your Salesforce data into your data warehouse
Here is how to start loading your Salesforce data into your data warehouse:
Expected Salesforce Data Model and Schema
How Blendo syncs Salesforce data
What Salesforce data do I have available?
Salesforce Integration FAQ
Enable Sandbox Mode for Salesforce
Salesforce has a Production and a Sandbox Environment. In case you need both to work with (one for your production data and one for your development data) we suggest creating two pipelines.
On how to create your Salesforce (production) data source pipeline you can read thse guide this FAQ belongs.
If you need to connect with your Sandbox environment then please do the following:
Create a new Salesforce data pipeline
Check Connect to Sandbox Account and click Connect with Salesforce button.
In the next screen please make sure to use your Sandbox account credentials.
Continue as usual with the rest of the setup. Please make sure to use a relevant Table Prefix in your setup in order to avoid creating conflicting tables in your db with your Salesforce production pipeline (if one was setup).