Step 1: Setup Google BigQuery
This guide will explain how to setup a BigQuery instance. Once you have your instance ready we will see how to connect to Blendo in order to send your data to BigQuery.
What is Google BigQuery?
BigQuery is the data warehousing solution of Google. It’s part of the Google Cloud Platform and it also speaks SQL like Redshift does. Queries are executed against append-only tables using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure.
It is also fully managed and offered as a service over the cloud. You can interact with it through its web UI, using a command line tool while a variety of client libraries exist so you can interact with it through your application.
How to setup a Google BigQuery Instance?
First we will need a Google Cloud Platform account and a Project. If you have a Google Cloud Platform account and project you may skip this test and go to Step 2.
Setup Google Cloud Platform Account
Go to Google Cloud Platform and create an account if you do not have already one.
Create a Project
1. If you don’t have one, create a new project. Please follow these instructions.
2. Click the upper-left drop-down menu.
3. Click on IAM & Admin.
4. Select your Project and click Open.
5. In the members table, locate the user you created. (1) Click on Owner to see more Roles. Then (2) click on BigQuery.
6. Click on BigQuery Admin.
7. Go back in the main Roles menu and scroll down. (1) Click on Storage. In the additional menu (2), click Storage Object Creator and Storage Object Viewer.
8. Finally the selected roles should look like this:
9. Click Save.