Step 1: How to Setup a Google Cloud SQL PostgreSQL Data Warehouse
This guide will explain how to setup a Google Cloud SQL PostgreSQL Data Warehouse instance. Once you have your instance ready we will see how to connect to Blendo in order to send your data to Google Cloud SQL PostgreSQL.
If you already have a PostgreSQL in Cloud SQL read how to connect Google Cloud SQL PostgreSQL to Blendo.
What will you need to setup Google Cloud SQL PostgreSQL
To set up PostgreSQL in Google Cloud and connect it with Blendo, you need:
- A Google Cloud Platform account and a Project.
- Billing for the project must be enabled.
- Cloud SQL Administration API must be enabled
Setup Google Cloud Platform Account
6. You may see the message “Waiting for the Compute Engine API to initialize. This may take a minute.”, please wait for it to finish.
7. In the next screen, you need to create the PostgreSQL instance. In the Instance ID field box, enter an ID for the instance, that is permanent.
8. Set the password for the ‘postgres’ user.
9. Change Location, Region, Zone per your requirements. For more details on instance setting here.
10. If finished click Create.
(Optional) Create a Database in the CloudSQL Instance
Next, we’ll create a database but it is optional as you may use the instance’s default database (postgres).
1. Click your Instance
2. Click on Databases tab
2. Click on Create Database.
3. In the new window type a Database Name and click on Create.