How to Setup Zendesk Integration
This integration will allow you to connect with Zendesk and start collecting your data. It is a matter of minutes to send your customer support data (like tickets, customer communication) to feed your BI, your data warehouse, or your custom analytics stack.
Here are the steps involved:
- Connecting Zendesk
- Set the Replication Frequency
- Load your Zendesk data into your data warehouse
- Zendesk expected Data Model and schema
- Zendesk Integration FAQ
Getting Started – Setup Zendesk integration at Blendo
To add this integration, go to Blendo dashboard. Click Add a Source.
Settings you need from Zendesk
We will need the: Subdomain of your Zendesk URL, your Zendesk Username, and your Zendesk API Token.
1. Login to your Zendesk dashboard from a new tab
2. On the URL of the browser window, you may find the Subdomain. It should be in the form: mysubdomain.zendesk.com. For Blendo we will need mysubdomain.
3. Now let’s get the Token. Click on the gear icon at the bottom left.
4. On the new window scroll down until you will see the API menu. Click on it.
5. Add a new token
6. In the new popup, type a Label to remember i.e. Blendo.
7. In the next (and last window) you will find your Zendesk Token. Select it and copy it. Then click on “OK, I’ve copied my token”
Add these Zendesk settings to Blendo
Let’s go back to our web browser tab with Blendo. Now that you have your:
- Subdomain (step #2, above)
- Zendesk username (the email you used to login to Zendesk)
- Token (step #7, above)
you may fill the relevant boxes into Blendo. Click Validate & Save.
8. Then you will return back to the home dashboard. Click on your new Zendesk data source.
Set the Replication Frequency
This configuration controls how often Blendo will pull data from your Zendesk integration. Loading to your data warehouse could take a little bit longer.
9. If you want to change the replication schedule go to the Schedule section and click on Reschedule.
10. In the next pop-up select one of the options available and click Apply.
Load your Zendesk data into your data warehouse
Here is how to start loading your Zendesk data into your data warehouse: