Last Updated: March 8, 2016
We at Apirise, Inc. (“we”, “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protect the privacy of our users (“user” or “you”).
- What type of information we collect
- How we collect your information
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom we share the information, and for what purpose
- For how long we retain the information we collect
- How we safeguard your information
- How to contact us
What type of information we collect
There are three types of information we collect.
- The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to you, which may be made available by you in the registration process or gathered via your use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of your identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected in order to operate our Services, includes technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. your carrier, your operating system, your approximate location, etc.) and information regarding the behavior and usage of networks around and by your device in order to provide you with analysis, in respect to potential threats. Such information may include specific network configurations, but will not include any information that was transmitted through the networks (e.g. SMS; online browsing; phone calls, etc.).
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information we collect regarding the user through our Services is very limited and only includes the user’s name and e-mail address, if submitted by the user during the registration process and the user’s IP address. If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
- The third type of information we collect is customer user data. Our Services enable you to collect data (“Customer User Data”) about how your customers and other users (your “Users”) use and interact with your website, services and applications on which you have integrated our Service (including without limitation User name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address and phone number). We enable you to specify the Customer User Data that you collect, and, at your direction, to pass that data into the Services, and to and from a variety of third-party tools and services. We may also store Customer User Data in connection with the Service.
We are not responsible for inspecting the Customer User Data that you provide us with access to and we collects such information automatically under your direction when providing the Service. As between you and Apirise, Inc., you shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the Customer User Data. You acknowledge that we exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information (including Customer User Data) passing through our systems and networks in connection with providing the Services. You will be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Customer User Data and the means by which you acquired the Customer User Data. You represent and warrant to us that you are entitled to provide us with all Customer User Data which you provide through your use of the Services and you will provide Users with all notices required under applicable law in connection with any Customer User Data you provide to us.
You agree to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection regulations. You agree to provide appropriate notices to your Users about, and if required by applicable laws, obtain appropriate consent from Users for, your information collection and use practices relating to your use of our Services, and your use of any service providers or other third parties that you instruct to send us data or to whom you instruct us to send Your Customer User Data. You will not collect or provide us with any Customer User Data (or have a third party do the same), nor request us to collect from, or forward any Customer User Data to, any third party, or request (through the Service or directly) such third party to perform any processing or transmission, in violation of any law, regulation, or third party right, including without limitation intellectual property, privacy or contractual right. We will not be responsible for any act omission of any third party that you request to provide us with Customer User Data or to whom you request us to forward your Customer User Data, and you will indemnify and hold us harmless arising out of or related to their provision or use of the Customer User Data.
You, and any third party on your behalf, shall not provide us with any data that is considered “sensitive personal data” under the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, or that is otherwise subject to heightened restrictions relating to the transmission or processing of data for the jurisdictions in which you and we operate. Examples of such restrictive frameworks include, but are not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and the standards promulgated by the PCI Security Standards Council. It is your responsibility at all times to ensure that the means of passing data to us, as well as the data itself, along with your directives that we pass this data on to third party tools, at all times comply with the laws, regulations and agreements to which you, the data, or we are subject.
How we collect information
There are two main methods we use to collect information:
- We collect information through your use of the Services. In other words, when you are using our Services, we are aware of it and may gather and collect the information relating to such usage.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide when you register to our Services.
How we use the information we collect
We use Personal Information to register your device and to identify your access to certain features of the Services. In addition, we may use Personal Information in order to carry out our Services and notify you about potential threats to your device.
We may use Personal Information in order to send you updates and notices and to provide you with information related to our Services, to ask for your feedback in order to improve the administration and quality of experience of our website, products or Services and to respond to your inquiries and requests.
We may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated Non-personal Information to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality and functionality of the Services, to analyze request and usage patterns, to enhance experience, to create new Services and for other internal and statistical purposes.
With whom we share the information we collect
We may share your information with our trusted service providers in order to operate our Services (e.g. storing information on third party hosting services, providing technical assistance, etc.), to send you updates and notices and to analyze statistical and aggregated Non-personal Information.
We will not share your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information with online advertisers and advertising networks, without your explicit consent.
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies and terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We collect, store, and use your Customer User Data on our servers to provide you with the Services. Our Services transfer data to servers that store Customer User Data in the U.S. and outside the U.S. We only share Customer User Data as you direct and with others under special circumstances as follows:
- With third parties who work on our behalf to provide you the Services (including, without limitation, maintenance, administration, support, payment, hosting and database management services). These third parties may have access to your Customer User Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf in accordance with this policy and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy).
For how long we retain the information we collect?
We value your privacy and control over your Personal Information, and therefore you may, at any time, change, update or request to remove (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep the information) your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. We provide you with access to your Customer User Data and the ability to delete any of your Customer User data (subject to our legal obligations).
Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services and to comply with our legal obligations and contractual obligations with you, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services, your Personal Information and Customer User Data. We and our trusted service providers use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We utilize some of the most advanced technology for Internet security available today. When you access our site using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your information is safe and secure.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
We will store your Personal Information and Customer User Data on our trusted cloud service providers which may be located in countries outside the European Union. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the European Union − in these instances we will take steps to ensure that a similar level of protection is given to your Personal Information. You hereby consent to transfer of your Personal Information and Customer User Data to countries outside the European Union, and undertake to procure such consent with respect to the persons to which Customer User Data relates.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse our Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affiliates and corporate transaction
We may share your information, including your Personal Information and Customer User Data, with our parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (collectively “affiliated companies“).
The Services are not designated to users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are under 13, you should not download or use the Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has shared any information with us, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of Company
2557 Park Blvd., #L106
Palo Alto, CA 94306